Eudora 5.2 for Windows (Adding new mailbox)
Posted by Laura Schindler, Last modified by Jen Ferraz on 30 March 2011 12:33 PM
Please follow the directions below for setting your email client up if you're using Qualcomm's Eudora 5.2 for Windows. These instructions assume a new installation; existing Eudora users will want to see our existing installation version of this document.|
When you first start Eudora you will be presented with an Introduction screen which after clicking OK will progress into the new account setup wizard. Please begin navigating it using the "Next" button and follow the directions below.
- You do want to create a brand new email account as their wizard asks.
- On the first screen, you will be able to configure how your name appears to people you send email to, this is the display name and is not your email address. It can be your real name, your company name, or even a combination like in our example picture below. Click "Next".
- The next screen is your actual email address. This will be the one you send and receive from. Click "Next".
- The next screen is your user account, what we call the username and what Eudora calls the "Login Name". Your username is your complete email address. Enter it here the same as you did on the last screen and click "Next".
- On the incoming email server screen, select POP as your account type. IMAP is available for advanced users but please understand its limitations before using it. The mail server you enter here will traditionally be mail.<your domain name>.com where you replace <your domain name> with your actual domain name; in our example we've used mydomain.com as the customer's domain name so his mail server is mail.mydomain.com. Click "Next".
- On the outgoing email server screen, use the same server you configured for incoming, namely, mail.<your domain name>.com. Make sure you check "Allow authentication", this is required.
- That should be all you need. The first time you send or receive Eudora will ask you for your password.