Knowledgebase: Miva Empresa VM
Adding Application Mapping for .mvc Windows NT/2000
Posted by - NA - on 01 February 2007 03:03 AM
Title: Adding Application Mapping for .mvc Windows NT/2000|
Cause: If the *.mvc script gives a prompt to download whenever itâ€™s executed in a browser, the customer may need to check the application mappings for *.mvc files on the server. Normally, this is added automatically, but there is a bug in v4.02 that doesnâ€™t add it to all sites on the server. This bug should be corrected in the v4.03 release.
1. Open up IIS.
2. Right-click on the website with the problem and go to Properties.
3. In the window that comes up, click on the tab called â€˜Home Directoryâ€™.
4. Down towards the bottom, click on the button â€˜Configurationâ€™.
5. In the screen that pops-up, scroll through the list and make sure â€˜.mvcâ€™ is not listed. Usually, it would be at the bottom.
6. Click on the button â€˜Addâ€™.
7. In the pop-up window, there will be a field called â€˜Executableâ€™. Enter in the following path exactly as it appears, depending on situation:
If they only have Miva Empresa 4.x (Miva Virtual Machine) installed, use:
If they still have Miva Empresa 3.x installed, use:
8. In the field â€˜Extensionâ€™, type in .mvc
9. Leave the rest of the defaults as is and click on â€˜OKâ€™ on all screens to get back to the main IIS screen.