Moving store when you do NOT own the license (Miva Merchant 5.0)
Posted by Jim McCormick, Last modified by Wayne Smith on 18 November 2011 02:59 PM
Title: Moving store when you do NOT own the license|
Symptom: Transferring Your Store from One Host to Another Host
(when you do NOT own the Miva Merchant Domain License)
Here is what you will need to do:
1. Make sure your current store is completely up to date. Run the upgrade wizard until No New Updates are available.
2. Set up the new domain Miva Merchant software. Make sure you run all of the latest updates.
3. After you have set up, add a store.
4. Using FTP connect to the server that the store is on right now.
5. Copy both the Merchant5 folder and mm5 folder from the server to your hard drive (mm5 will be within your web directory, which is usually called either www, web, htdocs, or public_html...Merchant5 will be found within your data directory, which is usually called HTSData or mivadata). Make sure you have both folders. You can tell these apart because the data side Merchant5 has .dbf and .mvx files, and the web side mm5 has three subfolders - graphics, lib, and modules.
6. Using FTP, find the data side Merchant5 folder on your new domain.
7. Within this Merchant5 folder you will see a folder named s01. Rename this folder to s01.old
8. FTP the s01 folder from the data side Merchant5 folder that you have on your hard drive into the data side Merchant5 folder on the new domain. (take the s01 from the old server 'data Merchant5' and place it next to the s01.old in the new server 'data Merchant5'
9. Now find the mm5 folder in the web directory of the new domain. Rename this folder to mm5.old .
10. Take the web side mm5 folder that you have copied to your hard drive and upload this one to the new domain in the web directory.