Knowledgebase: Miva Merchant Synchro FAQ
Posted by - NA -, Last modified by Jen Ferraz on 26 April 2011 07:49 AM
Why do I get this error when synchronizing? "QuickBooks Error: Error communicating with QuickBooks: QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream."
Generally, this error message will come up when there is a special character in the data being passed from Miva Merchant to QuickBooks that QuickBooks does not understand.
Miva Merchant Synchro usually encodes these characters correctly so no errors come up, but there are some that still get through. The Development team at Miva Merchant usually needs to know what these characters are so they can patch the hole up. *UPDATE* - A majority of "special" characters have been addressed in Miva Merchant Synchro v1.61 and later.
Version 1.69 with 1.6901 connector can get this error with MISSING data.
1) Click on Properties >>> then Orders and record the last order # synchronized.
2) Log into the administration of Miva Merchant
3) Click on manage orders (Miva Merchant 5 PR7 and greater).
4) Find order #, specified via step 1, within the manage orders section.
5) Go to the next sequential order number and click directly on the order number to view the order details.
6) Verify nothing is missing. In some cases you could be missing product information or complete bill to or ship to content. Populate this content and you should be able to continue synchronizing.