Error message:"-2147417848 (0x80010108)".
Posted by - NA - on 16 February 2007 01:27 AM
When accessing a Miva page on my web site, I am getting a blank page with the following being displayed in the upper left-hand corner: "-2147417848 (0x80010108)". What causes this, and how can I fix it?
Specific only to the Windows NT/2000 Server operating systems, this error occurs when DLLHost.exe loses contact with Inetinfo.exe.
â€¢ Inetinfo.exe: This is the Web Server application that runs on the Windows Operating System. Anything accessed on a Windows Server is being served by the Inetinfo Executable.
â€¢ DLLHost.exe: This is a separate executable that executes certain services on the Windows Web Server. DLLHost.exe will execute processes (like Miva Empresa) and serve the results via Inetinfo.exe.
In most cases this error is a general server error and would not be caused by Miva Empresa. But, because Miva Empresa is generally run under the DLLHost executable, this error message will be displayed in the Internet browser when accessing Miva pages.
Once this error occurs, the only way to fix it is to Restart IIS. This can only be done by a person with administrative access to the server. Generally, this is your Host Provider.
If you do have administrative access to the server, please follow the steps below. Otherwise, please forward this page to your host provider:
1. Log onto the Windows web server
2. Open the Internet Services Manager
3. Right-click on the Machine Name
4. Click "Restart IIS..."
5. In the Pop-Up window: "Start/Stop/Reboot...", Select "Restart Internet Services on *machinename*" and click OK. It should only take a few seconds, and the window will close when it is finished.
6. Access another Miva Script file via an Internet browser. The error should be gone.