Miva Mia installation
Posted by - NA -, Last modified by Jen Ferraz on 26 April 2011 08:00 AM
What is Miva Mia with Virtual Machine and how can I use it on my computer?
Miva Mia with Virtual Machine is a personal web server with built-in Miva Script. Miva Mia with Virtual Machine runs any compiled Miva Script based application directly on your desktop system. You can download it free of charge if you currently are signed up with a Miva-enabled Hosting Account, or purchase a license online at the Miva General Store.
To install the software on your computer, follow these steps:
1. Purchase or Download your free copy by going to the Miva Mia with Virtual Machine product page at: http://www.mivamerchant.com/support/downloads
2. Save the self-executable file labeled: miaXXX.exe on your local machine. Double-click the file to begin the installation process.
Miva Mia is currently only compatible with the Microsoft Windows operating system.
3. Click the "Yes" button twice to continue with the installation. Read the license agreement and agree by clicking "Yes" or cancel the installation by clicking "No".
4. To register the software, enter your Name, the name of your Company, and the License Number supplied to you. Click "Next" to submit this information and continue with the installation of Miva Mia.
5. On the next screen, it will display the location in which the Miva Mia files will be installed. Only change this if you have a specific need for a different path. Click "Next" to continue with the installation.
6. The following screen will allow you to remove the Sample HTML Files component of the installation. These are not required but will help you to get used to how Miva Mia works. Click "Next" to continue with the installation.
7. The Miva Mia Options screen will allow you to change the following settings:
o Listening Port: This will default Port 80 if you are not using any other web server on your machine.
o Sample Document Directory: This is the directory in which all Miva Scripts will be executed from.
o Sample Data Directory: This is the directory in which Miva Mia will store all data output by the Miva Scripts running.
Once again, these settings should only be changed if there is a specific need for the modification. Click "Next" to continue with the installation.
8. On the next screen, you can choose where you would like Miva Mia to place shortcuts on your computer. Choose the settings you desire, and click "Next".
9. The last screen will contain a summary of the information you have entered in all previous screens. Look over this to make sure it is correct, and click "Next" to start copying the Miva Mia file onto your computer.
10. The final step for installation is to Restart the computer. Check the "Yes" box to do this or "No" in order to continue working. You should restart the computer before attempting to use Miva Mia.
Now that the software is installed, you can use Miva Mia with Virtual Machine to access and run compiled Miva Script files on your computer locally, just like you would online.
With default settings, Miva Mia with Virtual Machine should automatically launch upon startup of Windows and display an icon in the Windows system tray in the lower left-hand corner of your monitor.
Double-click this icon to view the Miva Mia settings. You can view the Miva Mia Welcome Page by clicking the "Home Page..." button.