Invalid Referrer Or Relay Response
Posted by - NA - on 14 February 2007 01:17 AM
When I am checking out of my storefront, I am receiving and error: "Unable to authorize payment: Invalid Referrer Or Relay Response URL". What is this caused by and how can I fix it?
This error will only occur with shopping carts that are using the Authorize.Net v3.0 or quick commerce v3.0 payment gateways. This is caused by the specification of referrer URL's in the 3rd party payment gateway control panels. To access the control panels use the following URLs:
quick commerce - https://secure.quickcommerce.net
Authorize.Net - https://secure.authorize.net
Because all of its pages are created dynamically, Miva Merchant will never be able to match any referrer URLs specified in these control panels. To fix this error follow these steps:
1. Log into the appropriate payment gateway control panel using the URL's listed above.
2. Click on the "Settings" tab at the top of the screen.
3. In the Settings area, click on "Manage URLs".
4. Locate the field for "Valid Referrer URLs" and delete any URLs specified.
5. Save your changes and log out of the control panel.
6. Test the store, and the error should no longer be displayed.