Cannot uncheck Payment/Shipping module. Module is "in use"
Posted by - NA -, Last modified by on 14 February 2007 12:53 AM
When I try to unassign a payment or shipping module in the Miva Merchant administration interface, I receive an error message: "Module 'MODULE NAME' is in use by one or more orders, and cannot be removed." How can I unassign/remove this module? I no longer need to use it in my store.
After an order has been placed in on a Miva Merchant storefront, the software will continue to utilized any shipping or payment module used in the Miva Merchant administration interface in order to display the the shipping & payment information in the "Order Processing" area.
There are two separate ways that you will be allowed to unassign this module for use in your Miva Merchant store.
â€¢ Process and Delete all Orders (works for all versions of Miva Merchant):
1. Process all of the orders that have been placed on your store using these specific modules. It may be difficult to know which orders have used which modules, so it is easiest to simply process ALL orders.
For more information on Order Processing, please go to:
See the Miva Merchant User Guides, specifically the guide labeled: "Order Processing".
2. Once you have processed all orders, delete all of the batches. Simply click on the name of the batch, and click the Delete button. Do this for every batch inside the order processing area of your Miva Merchant administration interface.
3. The final step is to Pack the Data Files for the store. This can be found in the "Utilities" menu under the store menu.
"Packing" your database files in Miva Merchant is similar to "Emptying Your Recycling Bin" in the Windows OS. By deleting the shopping baskets, you really only MARKED them for deletion. They are not actually deleted forever until you pack your data files.
4. Once you have completed these steps, you should be able to remove/unassign the module from either the Payment Configuration or Shipping Configuration of your Miva Merchant administration interface.
â€¢ Deactivate the module first, then unassign it (Miva Merchant v4.12 or higher only):
Please note: Once a module is deactivated, information created by it when an order was placed will no longer be accessible.
1. Log into your Miva Merchant administration interface.
2. Expand the menu "Modules" by clicking the blue triangle next to it.
3. Click on the name of the module(s) that you would like to remove/unassign.
4. Uncheck the check box next to "Active" and click Update.
5. Once you have deactivated the module(s), you can access the Payment & Shipping Configuration areas of the Miva Merchant administration interface and remove/unassigned these modules.