Unable to open merchant configuration file
Posted by - NA -, Last modified by on 14 February 2007 12:44 AM
When checking out, an error: "Unable to authorize payment: Unable to open merchant configuration file" is displayed, and it will not allow me to complete my order. What causes this, and how can I fix it?
Unable to authorize payment: Unable to open merchant configuration file. This error is always caused by a mis-configuration in the Link point Payment Gateway integration in the Miva Merchant administration interface. To correct it, follow these steps:
1. Log into your Miva Merchant administration.
2. Expand the "Stores" menu by clicking the blue triangle next to it.
3. Expand your online store by clicking the blue triangle next to your store's name
4. Click "Payment Configuration."
5. In the main screen, click the link: Cardservice/LinkPoint Payment Gateway.
6. The first field is the Store Name: text field. This can be confusing because it should not be your "Store Name" in the traditional
sense. You will actually want to replace this with your 6-digit Link point-assigned"store name."
7. Once you have entered your 6-digit store name into this field, click Update.
After updating, test your Miva Merchant online store's checkout process again. It should no longer display this error. For more information on Payment Configuration please see the documentation located at: