The Storefront Navigation Bar in Miva Merchant is built right into the software. Each button on the navigation bar has its place hard-coded right into Miva Merchant. So, going to the "Images" tab in the Store Settings area and deleting the paths will not simply remove the image. It will leave an ugly broken image graphic in its place. So, to remove the images, there are certain steps that must be taken.
â€¢ To only remove the images, follow these steps:
1. Log into your Miva Merchant administration interface.
2. Expand the "Stores" menu by clicking the blue triangle.
3. Click your Store Name (not the blue triangle).
4. This is a the Store Settings area. Find the "Images" tab and click on it.
5. This will list all of the prebuilt images that Miva Merchant uses. To remove any of those images, simply erase the text there and paste the following text into the field:
6. Click Update
What this does is replaces the old image with an almost non-detectible image. It gives the impression that there was never an image there to begin with.
The other option is to turn off the navigation bar completely, and rebuild your own, from scratch.
1. In the same Store Settings area, click on the tab labeled "Page Sections."
2. Uncheck the box next to "Show Navigation Bar" and click the Update button.
3. Still in Store Settings, click the "Headers and Footers" tab,
4. The "Global Header" text area is where you will copy and paste the HTML that you have used to build your navigation bar. You can find the URL's for Miva Merchant by clicking on the button in the upper-right of the page that looks like a chain link.
Please note that Miva Technical Support cannot assist in the building of HTML code, but will help you find the areas in your Miva Merchant that apply to this topic.