What is the "Settings" tab in the "Edit Store" area used for?
Posted by - NA -, Last modified by Jen Ferraz on 11 April 2011 01:24 PM
There are five parts to the "Settings" area of your "Edit Store" area: |
Units of Measurement (Weight) - Indicates the unit of measurement that will be displayed in the areas where "Shipping Weight" is displayed in the Miva Merchant store.
Basket Timeout (Minutes) - This is the amount of time (in Minutes) that when passed, and inactive shopping cart will expire. For example: A customer places an item in his/her shopping cart and leaves the computer to do something else. After 60 minutes (default setting), the basket will expire. This means that the customer will have to start from the beginning of his/her order process. The expired basket is marked as an "Orphaned" basket.
Price Group Overlap Resolution - This will be used when there are two separate price groups affecting the same product, at the same time. When set to "Highest," the highest price will be charged to the shopper. When set to "Lowest," the lowest possible price will be charged to the shopper.
Sales Tax Calculation - Indicated the method for charging sales tax that will be used in your online store:
Currency Formatting - There are three options available for currency formatting in Miva Merchant:
- Generic VAT: A template for charging "Value Added Tax." Value Added Tax is a taxation method commonly used in European nations.
- Canadian VAT: A template for Canadian Merchants to use when charging Canadian VAT. Canadian VAT is different than other Value Added Tax programs, in other countries.
- State Based Sales Tax: To be used by merchants that are charging sales tax ONLY to residents of the state in which your business is located. This is the most common sales tax method, and should also be used if there are no plans to charge sales tax, OR if your products are tax-exempt.
- Shopper Selected Sales Tax: This should only be used when it is up to the SHOPPER to choose which tax applies to their order. This is often used when Sales Tax is being charged on a PER COUNTY basis.
- German VAT: A template for Canadian Merchants to use when charging German VAT.
- US Currency Formatting: Formats the currency as standard US currency, with dollar sign, commas at thousands, and two decimal places for cents.
- Generic Currency Formatting: Should be used for all currencies that are not of the US or EURO standard. This may require additional configuration.
- European Currency Formatting: Should be used for currencies of the European standard. This may require additional configuration.