Title: Virtual Machine Server Safe Installation - UNIX
The Miva Virtual Machine Server Safe Installation is very similar to installing Miva Empresa, there are just a few extra steps to keep in mind. Here is a brief list of steps required in order to install the Miva VM on UNIX. These are very brief, because if you need more thorough instructions these can be found in our docs.
1. Once you have the proper file on the server, you need to untar it to a temporary folder.
2. Move the actual VM file to the global cgi-bin on the server.
3. It will be called mivavm-vx.xx. You need to rename this file to simply mivavm.
4. Set the proper permissions on the file: chmod 755 mivavm
5. Set the proper ownerships on the file: chown root.root mivavm
6. Then you need to edit the httpd.conf. Below is a generic list of the required directives. Keep in mind that on each server, the paths may be different:
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/httpd/cgi-bin/
AddType application/x-miva-compiled .mvc
Action application/x-miva-compiled /cgi-bin/mivavm
SetEnv MvCONFIG_LIBRARY /usr/local/miva/lib/config/env.so
SetEnv MvCONFIG_DIR_MIVA /home/httpd/html
SetEnv MvCONFIG_DIR_DATA /home/httpd/mivadata
SetEnv MvCONFIG_DIR_BUILTIN /usr/local/miva/lib/builtins
7. Copy the entire lib directory, with the sub-directories config and builtins, which came with the VM distribution, to the correct path, as defined in the httpd.conf (SetEnv MvCONFIG_LIBRARY and SetEnv MvCONFIG_DIR_BUILTIN). These files should also be owned by root.
8. Then you MUST restart the server for the changes in the httpd.conf to take effect.