Payflow Pro - Unable to authorize payment: user authentication failed
Posted by - NA -, Last modified by Jim McCormick on 12 February 2008 04:13 PM
Unable to authorize payment:
User authentication failed.
I am using the Paypal Payflow PRO payment gateway. What is causing this, and how can I fix it?
The module built into Miva Merchant that allows you to connect to the Paypal Payflow PRO payment gateway requires some user-specified settings. There are a couple if misconfigurations that may cause this error to occur. Please follow the instructions below on how to fix any incorrect settings in the Miva Merchant administration interface:
1. Log in to your Miva Merchant administration interface.
2. Expand the "Stores" menu by clicking on the blue triangle next to the menu.
3. Expand your store by clicking the blue triangle next your store's name.
4. Click the link, "Payment Configuration".
5. In the Payment Configuration page displayed, if you are using Verisign Payflow PRO, there should be a linked tab: "Verisign Payflow Pro (PaymentNet)" showing. Click it to access the VeriSign configuration area.
We will focus on the first 3 fields:
* User ID: You created this when you first signed up for your Payflow PRO payment gateway account or was assigned to you by your Partner.
* The Partner Code that is either â€˜VeriSignâ€™ (if you signed up directly with VeriSign) or was provided to you by the VeriSign reseller and/or partner.
* The Vendor ID which currently is the same as the USER ID.
* Password: This field is where you will enter the Password for your VeriSign account. Only enter the password (case-sensitive) and nothing else.
Verify that this is correct by re-entering the password into this field, exactly as shown on the information sent to you by VeriSign when your account was created.
For more information on configuring the rest of the gateway please see the following article: