Knowledgebase: Miva Empresa VM
How to add Web Service Extension for .mvc on Windows 2003 servers
Posted by - NA -, Last modified by Jim McCormick on 12 July 2011 09:39 AM
Adding Web Service Extension for .mvc on Windows 2003 servers.
Miva Empresa Virtual Machine on Windows 2003 Server
To install the Miva Empresa Virtual Machine on Windows 2003 Server, you follow the same installations steps as the installation on NT 4.0 or Windows 2000. You run the same *.exe install file and setup the same configurations in the Miva VM tab in IIS.
However, there are some extra steps that you must do to finish the setup of Miva Empresa Virtual Machine on Windows 2003. The following instructions will walk you through these steps.
1. Open up IIS (Internet Information Services) Manager.
2. Expand the machine and left-click on Web Service Extensions.
3. Click on Add a new Web service extension
4. Fill-in the Extension name field with a name for the Miva Empresa Virtual Machine. Miva VM should be fine. Check-in the Set extension status to Allowed box.
5. Click on Add. For Path to file:, enter the path to the MivaVMIIS.dll file. Default installation will place the file at C:\Program Files\Miva\Miva Empresa\MivaVMIIS.dll.
6. You may also use the Browse button to find the file.
7. Once the path has been filled in, click on OK. The file will be added to the list.
8. Click on OK and you are all set. You should see your new Miva VM Web Service Extension added to the list with Status set to Allowed.
On some servers, the default install path to the MivaVM .dll file may need to be changed. Some servers do not like the fact that the default install path contains spaces. If you have trouble getting the Web Service Extension mapped properly, you may need to reinstall the VM using a path without spaces.