Moving store when you do NOT own the license (Miva Merchant v4.X)
Posted by - NA -, Last modified by Jim McCormick on 24 March 2008 04:58 PM
Title: Moving store when you do NOT own the license|
Symptom: Transferring Your Store from One Host to Another Host
(when you do NOT own the Miva Merchant Domain License)
Here is what you will need to do:
1. Set up the new domain Miva Merchant software.
2. After you have set up, add a store.
3. Using FTP connect to the server that the store is on right now.
4. Copy both Merchant2 folders from the server to your hard drive (one Merchant2 folder will be within your web directory, which is usually called either www, web, htdocs, or public_html...the other Merchant2 folder will be found within your data directory, which is usually called HTSData or mivadata). Make sure you have both Merchant2 folders. You can tell these apart because the data side Merchant2 has .dbf and .mvx files, and the web side Merchant2 has three subfolders - graphics, lib, and modules.
5. Using FTP, find the data side Merchant2 folder on your new domain.
6. Within this Merchant2 folder you will see a folder named 00000001. Rename this folder to 00000001.old
7. FTP the 00000001 folder from the data side Merchant2 folder that you have on your hard drive into the data side Merchant2 folder on the new domain. (take the 00000001 from the old server 'data Merchant2' and place it next to the 00000001.old in the new server 'data Merchant2'
8. Now find the Merchant2 folder in the web directory of the new domain. Rename this folder to Merchant2.old .
9. Take the web side Merchant2 folder that you have copied to your hard drive and upload this one to the new domain in the web directory.