The Miva Merchant label printing applet requires a raw printer queue be configured on MacOS. Attempting to print with a printer configured using the available Zebra drivers will be unsuccessful.
- Ensure that the printer is connected to the computer and powered on.
- Within a terminal window, run lpinfo -v and note the port displayed for the printer being configured.
- From the MacOS system being configured, open http://localhost:631 in a web browser. It may be necessary to enable the CUPS Web Portal on the computer, in which case instructions to do so will be displayed in the browser. If prompted, the login and password are the same as the MacOS user credentials.
- View the Administration tab and click Add Printer.
- Enter any name for the printer and the port noted from the output of lpinfo -v above and press the Continue button.
- Select Raw for Make and press Continue.
- Ensure that 'Raw Queue 'is selected for Model and press the Add Printer button.
- The printer is now configured and will appear in the Miva Merchant printer drop-down list.
More detailed instructions with screenshots may be found in the jzebra Raw Printer setup instructions.