Posted by - NA -, Last modified by Wayne Smith on 30 November 2011 11:45 AM
The change to the cmp-mv-shipselect module in PR6 was made to correct a bug where orders were being allowed to proceed through checkout in some cases regardless of the "Require Shipping" setting for a store. In previous versions of the software, only the fact that one or more shipping modules were configured was being checked. The new version verifies that at least one of the modules returns a valid shipping method.
The WCW modules, for those NOT using CBS Shipping SuperMod, will function perfectly without the shippingmethods item assigned to any page besides OSEL. This is the recommended configuration when possible.
1. Disable "Require Shipping" in your store settings. If using CBS Shipping SuperMod, this has no affect on the checkout process as the CBS Shipping SuperMod ignores this setting anyway.
2. If using CBS Shipping SuperMod, assign the Flat Rate Shipping module and create a "throwaway" shipping method. Set this method as inactive in the CBS Shipping SuperMod. This will "trick" cmp-mv-shipselect into thinking there is a shipping method, but the method will not be displayed to users.
3. Use the new module (cmp-mv-minibaskship) attached to this post in place of cmp-mv-shipselect for providing shipping methods.
2. Install cmp-mv-minibaskship.mvc in your Domain.
3. Create an item, "minibaskship" that references the new module.
4. On any page other than OSEL where "shippingmethods" is assigned, assign "minibaskship" and remove "shippingmethods".
** cmp-mv-minibaskship.mvc updated on 11/30/11