How do I add an Encryption Key
Posted by Jonathan Standifird, Last modified by Jen Ferraz on 30 March 2011 01:07 PM
To add an encryption key to protect customer credit card information:|
- Log into the Admin of your store
- Expand the left hand menu beneath your store by clicking the plus sign (+) beside your store name.
- Click Order Encryption near the bottom of the left hand menu.
- Click the grey button on the right labeled Add Encryption Key.
- Put a check in the box labeled Current.
- Enter a prompt in the field labeled Encryption Prompt.
- You will see this prompt each time you are required to enter an Encryption Pass Phrase.
- Enter an Encryption Pass Phrase in the fields labeled Encryption Pass Phrase and Verify Pass Phrase.
- You will need to enter this phrase to unlock a customer's credit card information.
Your Encryption Pass Phrase cannot be recovered if it is lost or forgotten. If this happens you will need to create a new Encryption Pass Phrase and mark it as Current. All new orders coming into the store will use this new Encryption Key. Old orders will still require the old Encryption Pass Phrase to unlock them.