Acquiring PayPal API Credentials for PayPal Express Checkout and/or Website Payments Pro
Gathering the information from PayPal
- Log into PayPal and click Profile on the right.
- Click API Access from the Account Information column.
- Click Request API Credentials.
- Check Request API signature and click Agree and Submit.
- Make a note of the API username, API password, and signature.
- To complete the process, click Done.
Entering the information in Miva Merchant
- Login into Your Miva Merchant store.
- Click Payment Configuration.
- Put a check beside PayPal Express Checkout and/or Website Payments Pro and click Update. (if already checked move to next step)
- Select the tab labeled PayPal Website Payments Pro/Express Checkout API Credentials.
- Select your Account Type.
- Enter your API Username and Password
- Select API Authentication Method (in this case Signature)
- Enter the API Signature into the API Signature / Certificate field.
- Click update.
- Click PayPal Express Checkout
- Make sure that there is a check beside Enabled.
- Click Update.
Place a test transaction to make sure that everything is working properly.